The Streets
Press Releases

Our Purpose
Our Director
Support Us
Contact Us

email OSA
Web problems or suggestions?
Atlanta Street Reports

Atlanta Street Reports

January 23, 2005

On January 22, 1973, Abortion was Legalized in America - When Will It Stop?

Hello Friends,

A good sized group of prolifers joined the Helpers' of God's Precious Infants on Saturday, Jan. 22nd. in front of the Atlanta Surgi center for a prayer vigil in memory of the millions of children who have died over the last 32 years from legalized abortion. Many new faces were so dedicated and moved that they stayed past the end of the vigil which was supposed to end at 1:00pm despite the rain, snow and cold weather. It is here at this site of the Atlanta Surgi center that the actual killing of Gods' precious children takes place. It is here that it will also end.

The day was filled with commotion as we were joined by the Lesbians for Choice, who called the police several times. No negative outcomes came from any of their calls. We were joined as well by Fox 5 News. They aired the story at 6 pm and did a wonderful job! Fox 5 referred to our group not as the usual "anti-abortion protestors" but as "pro-life advocates” offering women alternatives to abortion. At least 3 or 4 women changed their minds while we were there the 3+ hours. God only knows how many hearts were touched and how many children were spared.

As wonderful as it is to see so many prolife supporters at the Capital every January, it would be incredible if these same people could join us in front of these killing fields at least once a year. It is here that the babies die and again, here that it will end. As big and bold as our crowd was this Friday it is equally as silent in front of these killing fields every day. Brothers and Sisters, the mothers, and their babies need your voice and your prayers here at the site of their death. Now is no time to sit back and let the politicians fight this out! The pro-abortion side is going to be loud and bold this year, on Friday morning they promised this. They admit they are afraid of us and of any new regulations that our State passes this session to make abortion more difficult to go through with. Now is the time while we seem to have the media's attention to step up to the plate. We have been silent for to long. Yes, we have marched every year, made phone calls and written letters, but we must be seen as well.

Now is the time to get active to come out of the quiet of our homes and our churches and show our presence. Let's not "Sing a Little Louder" and wait for the killing to end one day....

Please read the article below and contact me if you wish to join us in our efforts this year. As Father Frank Pavone points out, " America will not end abortion until America sees abortion." We must continue to educate the public and show them what abortion is, now while the politicians are on our side! One well known Planned Parenthood head says it like this, “When the other side puts the word Choice next to an aborted fetus we LOSE every time!"

For Life!
Michelle Wolven

Sing a Little Louder

After a speech, Pro-Life activist Penny Lea was approached by an old man. Weeping, he told her the following story:

"I lived in Germany during the Nazi holocaust. I considered myself a Christian. I attended church since I was a small boy. We had heard the stories of what was happening to the Jews, but like most people today in this country, we tried to distance ourselves from the reality of what was really taking place. What could anyone do to stop it?

"A railroad track ran behind our small church, and each Sunday morning we would hear the whistle from a distance and then the clacking of the wheels moving over the track. We became disturbed when one Sunday we noticed cries coming from the train as it passed by. We grimly realized that the train was carrying Jews. They were like cattle in those cars!

"Week after week that train whistle would blow. We would dread to hear the sound of those old wheels because we knew that the Jews would begin to cry out to us as they passed our church. It was so terribly disturbing! We could do nothing to help these poor miserable people, yet their screams tormented us. We knew exactly at what time that whistle would blow, and we decided the only way to keep from being so disturbed by the cries was to start singing our hymns. By the time that train came rumbling past the church yard, we were singing at the top of our voices. If some of the screams reached our ears, we'd just sing a little louder until we could hear them no more. Years have passed and no one talks about it much anymore, but I still hear that train whistle in my sleep. I can still hear them crying out for help. God forgive all of us who called ourselves Christians, yet did nothing to intervene. Their screams tormented us. If some of their screams reached our ears we'd just sing a little louder.

"Now, so many years later, I see it happening all over again in America. God forgive you as Americans for you have blocked out the screams of millions of your own children. The holocaust is here. The response is the same as it was in my country - SILENCE!"

(source: http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_909sl.asp)

LORD JESUS, forgive us for allowing abortion to continue! Please show what we each can now do to help stop this horrible destruction of innocent lives. Give us wisdom and compassion for those in crisis pregnancies - may we encourage them to consider other options. And please forgive and heal those of us who had abortions or helped someone get an abortion - we are so sorry, Father. May we now be SILENT NO MORE! Amen.

Wednesday, April 7, 2004


Yesterday Michelle and I sent around two Emails about a young couple leaving Atlanta Women's Medical center wanting help with their pregnancy and with their marriage. We gave thanks and praise, and rightly so, for this couple as well as the three or maybe four additional couples who either told us they would not be having the abortion or who left the clinic with a smile - but no confirmation (as was the case with one of the couples).

Today however I sit at my desk and mourn. Don't get me wrong, we had many who took our literature this morning as well, therefore giving hope that they could get up and leave. We had one mom come out and kick our things into the road (I believe this to be a good thing because if she can get some anger out of the way by using our stuff maybe she won't be so angry in the clinic and will be open to the hand of God).

I mourn for the young man who came down to me after I called to him for around 5 minutes. He walked slowly, smoking his cigarette. When he got to me his eyes were full of tears and he wiped his eyes. He said with the most humble voice I have heard, " I only wish you were here yesterday, my wife got up from the table two times and told me she wanted to leave but we had already signed the paperwork and didn't know where to turn" . He said, " If you were only here yesterday we would have talked about it some more before we even went in and would have found out that neither of us really wanted to have the abortion. If you were here yesterday, my baby would still be alive" . I could only ask for his forgiveness. He has three sons currently. This was the second day of the long and drawn-out procedure (I have attached the article from LifeNews.com to serve as a description of the procedure - read carefully as the " doctor" describes the mother's womb as a crock-pot).

Apparently, they arrived at 9:00 - just 15 minutes after we left. This was one we probably could have saved - if only we had been more diligent - if only work weren't more important - God have mercy on us.

He cried as I talked to him about redemption for a repentant heart and about what He gave to us as a gift this Easter season. I gave him some literature on post-abortion healing and counseling. Please pray for him and his wife.

Please pray for those who will come out for the Easter vigil and throughout the year. The Easter vigil will be 12 hours on Good Friday (7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M.), separated by 12 hours of personal prayer and sacrifice ending with 12 hours on Holy Saturday (7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M.).
Please consider making pilgrimages to abortion clinics in Atlanta part of your weekly sacrifice.

May God bless you,

Abortionists Provide the Most Graphic Testimony at Abortion Ban Trial by Steven Ertelt LifeNews.com Editor April 6, 2004
[LifeNews.com Note: Many of the descriptions contained in this article are unsettling.]

Lincoln , NE (LifeNews.com) -- Abortion advocacy groups have long derided the pro-life movement's medical drawings of the partial-birth abortion procedure, saying the photos are too graphic to be shown. However, the abortion practitioners themselves have offered some of the most graphic and unsettling descriptions of what happens during a partial-birth abortion.
Leroy Carhart's name will forever be synonymous with the 2000 Supreme Court decision that overturned a Nebraska ban on partial-birth abortions.
Testifying last week at the Nebraska trial -- one of three ongoing trials of lawsuits seeking to overturn the partial-birth abortion ban -- Carhart, who admitted he is not a board certified doctor, offered some of the most graphic descriptions yet about the death of a baby during the procedure.
" Under 17 weeks, I would use a forcep [to] remove the part of [the] fetus that was easily reachable," Carhart said. " Hopefully try to use small bites to work the way up and remove the rest of the fetus so that it comes out intact. If not, then remove whatever part that I could get easily and then go back and remove the rest."
Justice Department attorneys then asked whether Carhart had ever encountered a situation where the bay was already partially dismembered before being removed from the mother's womb.
Chart's description of what happens next rivals any description of the abortion procedure put forward by pro-life groups.
" But, certainly, when an upper extremity comes through the vagina, and I have to remove it, at that point -- the shoulder, the shoulder joint actually tends to be more substantial than other joints in the body," Carhart explained. " So mostly if I can grab above the elbow, I will get part of the scapula, and sometimes even part of the chest wall from that extremity; ribs, and possibly even lung tissue or other tissue inside of the chest cavity."
" I can normally remove, virtually intact, as I said, two, three pieces. I can often get up to the base of the skull then go back and remove the skull. I can often get both lower extremities, and divide somewhere at the upper part of the spinal cord, removing abdominal organs and some even thoracic organs on the very first removal," Carhart continued.
Later, Carhart compared a woman's womb to a " crockpot" when discussing whether there would be any parts of the body of the dead baby that could injure women having the abortions.
" [W]e are talking about a fetus that's not only been dead for 48 hours, but we are talking about a fetus that has been dead for 48 hours in essentially a warming oven or crockpot," Carhart said of the dead baby as she is removed from the mother.
" It has been kept at a hundred degrees for 48 hours, and if, you know, that's enough, that's enough temperature to cook meat, so we are not only dealing with a fetus that has been dead in my practice, we are dealing with a fetus that's both dead and soft, so it's much more pliable," Carhart said.
Earlier, Carhart told federal attorneys that he was a member of pro-abortion doctors groups, but not a board certified physician. The following is an excerpt from the transcript of the hearing held on April 1, 2004:

Q. Are you currently a member of the Board of Directors for Physicians for Choice, Physicians for Reproductive Health and Choice?

A. Exactly. I am

Q. And are you also on the National Board of Directors of the Religious Coalition of Reproductive Choice?

A. Yes, ma'am. I am

Q. Doctor, are you board certified?

A. No, ma'am. I'm not

*COPYRIGHT NOTICE** In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only.
[ Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml ]

Friday, April 2, 2004

Dear Friends,

First I want to give you the some good news. We had 2 mothers choose life today; these mothers told us that had we not been there they would have gone through with their abortions.

One mother was with her husband. They just relocated here from California and before that grew up in India. They truly needed help as they have no insurance. They live in McDonough and may need help in the near future with childcare for their 18 month daughter; they will assuredly be keeping in touch with me.

The other lady is an African immigrant who came with her brother. Brian and I spoke to him earlier in the morning and learned that she had 3 children, and had come to the clinic behind her husbands back. We encouraged him, being a Christian, to go inside and explain to his sister why he could no longer be a part of the abortion. She came out several hours later, and gave me her phone number. She lives in Austell and said she has a doctor, she is about 16 -17 weeks pregnant and is going to keep her baby! The lady from India said she was about 8 weeks along but hadn't had an ultrasound yet. She looked visibly pregnant to me and much further along than that. We referred her to the center in Hapeville.

I also got good news today concerning a woman named Nancy , a very troubled woman, who we helped over the summer. She had a paid voucher from Planned Parenthood in MA for a 26 week abortion. Because she had to come by bus we calculated that she was actually more like 28 weeks pregnant. She got off in New York City but they turned her away because she was too far along. She had a crack addiction and stopped off in Virginia to make some money to allegedly buy some crack and didn't make it here till 3 weeks after being diagnosed at 26 weeks. Michael drove her down to Griffin Georgia to stay at a pregnancy home. Being 30 years old, it was very hard to find a place to take her. Anyway, she decided the place was like a prison and left within the first hour of being there and hitchhiked back to Atlanta . She tried to go back to the Atlanta Surgi Center , but by then they were sick of the problems she had caused them with the police. Terri Gibbs with Advice and Aid had taken her over to the doctors that they work with and had an ultrasound done. The doctor said she was already too far along for a legal abortion, so Terri called the clinic and told them that we would be pressing charges against them if they did the abortion on Nancy. When Nancy appeared on the property trying to get the abortion on a Saturday, they kicked her off the property. Nancy called me hysterically threatening to go to Wichita. She threw it in my face that she was going to go ahead and kill the baby to spite us. She said that Planned Parenthood already had vowed to pay for it. Father Kevin Peak had met with her the night before. It turns out she was Catholic, and went to confession.

Anyhow on to the good news. I was putting off calling her mother, because I didn't want to hear bad news, but I went ahead and called her tonight because I came across her number. Her mother told me she had a little boy who is now 7 months old! I was told to call back later tonight as Nancy and her son were coming to visit.

Now on to the prayer request. It is Georgia State law that requires health care workers to report to the police and DEFACS whenever they observe a sexually active minor (age of consent in Georgia is 16 which means even is sex is mutual it is still statutory rape and both the boy and girl can be convicted, although this is rarely even used it is still the law). Since Atlanta is known for late term abortion (in many states the have made abortion illegal in the 2 nd trimester), many women come here from all over the Eastern seaboard all the way to Mississippi and up to Wisconsin, often bringing little girls barely into puberty who have been raped by relatives and boyfriends of their mothers. Today we had one such case.

A woman confessed to me that she had brought a girl to the clinic from Alabama , who was a mere 11 years old by her own words and had been molested and raped. I questioned her about the rapist, child molester and she said he was in jail, but not for the rape. I called 911 to report this crime and was told they would send out an officer. Within a few minutes I was called back by 2 different Supervisors who asked me questions, one said “Oh so are you a protestor?” I said what does that have to do with anything, and got hung up on. After about 40 minutes they did show up, I explained to the officer the law about reporting sexual abuse and told him the woman confided in me that the girl was molested, and was only 11 years old.

The officer went into the clinic and brought the women, not the young girl, outside to speak to the officer. The conversation lasted a mere minute. The officer reported to me that he was leaving because it was up to Alabama to do something. He said he had to believe the women who told him the police in Alabama already knew about the crime. I questioned that because I had information from different employees who told me they were no longer taking rape victims because often the police had to come to the clinic to collect the evidence of the crime, which is the baby. I told the police officer that it was still his responsibility to make sure the clinic filed a police report and gathered the evidence to prosecute the child rapist. The officer just laughed and said good bye. So much for your responsibility to the protection of children Mr. Police officer!

I was infuriated, as this was not the first time this had happened. So I called the Georgia GBI., and spoke to an investigator. He concluded that the Atlanta Police were not going to get involved and advised me to call the Governors Office as they could initiate an investigation by his directive. I did this and spoke to one of the Governors aides. After explaining to him the situation he asked me to put my concerns in writing so he could officially do something. I faxed my statement over and called him back. I was told that he had gotten the fax and also had pulled up 4 of the letters that Michael and I had sent to Governor Sonny Perdue over the past year asking for his help. It is time for abortion clinics in Georgia to be held to the law and stop protecting child rapists! If you agree please contact the office of the Governor of Georgia Mr. Sonny Perdue.

Sincerely in Christ,

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Hello Pro-life Friends,

I am sending this out to folks all around the country, so for those of you in Atlanta please excuse the background history.

First, I want to let you all know that longtime abortionist Dr. James Gay, of Northside Women's clinic passed away this week. Although he has died, Dr. Gay prepared years ago and trained a new doctor to take over his practice so the clinic will go on with the normal business of skilled killing. However, I am pleased to let you know that another notorious clinic from Rescue days has shut down in Atlanta. Hillcrest clinic on 8th Street in Atlanta is permanently closed, Dr. Jackson retired last month, I assume he could not get anyone to buy the clinic!

Many pro-life warriors in Atlanta have persevered through many trials and persecutions. During the last 5-6 years we have been through a lot. I am pleased and honored to have been able to witness prayers answered in such wonderful ways. The first important thing to give praise about is that the Atlanta police are no longer enforcing the old Operation Rescue injunction against us. For over one year we were illegally and unconstitutionally kept from within 50 feet of the clinic and their parking lot. Thankfully a few ladies and one man sacrificially agreed to be tests for arrest. Now 2 and a half years later those cases have been dead docketed.

As a result of the arrests not only are we allowed back on the sidewalks but Atlanta police officers and Fulton County Sheriff deputies are no longer allowed to work moonlighting jobs as abortion security officers! We also have been ridden of the pesky abortion escorts for one and a half years now, so our sidewalks are much more civil and safe. We recently were blessed with the removal of the full time security guard who was basically the clinic's new henchmen, after his collusion with an Atlanta Police officer, and an investigation, he too has been removed. We have much to give thanks for. Thank you Lord Jesus!

On Friday morning we had approximately 22 pro-life warriors come out to pray and plead for the lives of the precious preborn infants scheduled to die at the Atlanta Surgi Center . From what I saw out of the approximate 25 women inside the clinic 3 changed their minds; please pray that they stay encouraged to keep their babies. Sadly I spoke to 3 different late term patients who had their babies killed on Thursday at 4:00 and was returning to have their dead babies cut apart and removed. Each had a sad story, and felt justified in their actions. One mother was 25 weeks, another 22 and another 23 weeks. As walking tombs for their babies these mothers appeared to be just that, empty and lifeless. I also witnessed 3 other late-term mothers walking across the street from the Hampton Inn around 11:30 am; they would not talk to me. Later in the day, one of the fathers whose wife was aborting their 22 week old Down's baby told us that we were so right and had we been there on Thursday for them to talk to they never would have gone through with it. We need more Christians willing to intercede on behalf of the innocents scheduled to die!

On Saturday, we returned to the clinic again we had approximately 30 Christian warriors present, 19 were children. We noticed a much smaller number of clients coming in than usual. As it turned out this was most likely due to the clinic having to change their schedule due to the street being temporarily closed down due to a huge antiwar protest directly next to the clinic and in the same parking lot where the patients park their cars. It was ironic to say the least that many of the anti-war protestors were walking right by the place where American terrorism takes place almost daily without a second thought. God had us providentially stationed and set up right across the street from the protest, the policeman escorts on their motorcycles where even stationed directly in front of our large display of graphic abortion posters. Many of the protestors came over to look at the images of abortion victims. We got a large array of responses as you may well imagine, many were surprisingly good, and many of the hypocrites had light shined on their selfish beliefs. We challenged many of them to stand up and fight against the war going on right here in our midst, the war against innocent American children. One man who was dressed in hippy type clothing even took my challenge to go inside the clinic to ask to see their “dirty room” the name that the clinic personal have for where they keep the dead baby parts. He of course was abruptly stopped at the door by security. As it turned out he was actually very interested in what we had to say and took a sample of our literature, he told us he was a high school teacher.

Sadly we didn't see any turnarounds on Saturday. I do suspect that some of the mothers were turned off by the large crowd of protestors next to the clinic parking lot; please pray that they not reschedule their appointments. My husband Michael spoke to 3 different men who each had children with 3 different women. This is proof that legalized abortion is destroying our country, creating generations of people who will sacrifice only for their God of ME, MYSELF and I! May God have Mercy on us...

For the Least,
Michelle Wolven