July 17, 2004
Judgment begins in the house of the Lord. Before we seek to remove the speck from our neighbor’s eye, we must remove the log from our own eye. Repentance must begin in the house of the Lord.
- We, the Church of Jesus Christ in America, have failed to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- We are guilty of compromise, apathy and syncretism.
- As men of God, we have failed to live out our God ordained purpose.
- We have embraced the fear of man and a man-pleasing spirit.
- We have squandered our costly Godly heritage.
Tonight we will begin to act, but first we will repent of our own sins before we ask others to see their transgressions.
We are guilty. Our streets course with the blood of the innocent because we have done nothing. All that is necessary for evil to abound is for good men to do nothing.
“Abortion will end in America when the Church of Jesus Christ says it will end; not one second sooner.” Rev. Flip Benham, Director of Operation Save America/Operation Rescue.
Columbus City Hall
Sunday, July 18, 2004
For interviews with or further comments from Rev. Flip Benham, Director of OSA/OR:
321-431-3962 (Pat McEwen, Media Liaison)