| When Words Fail, God Speaks in Living Parables
When Words Fail, God Speaks in Living Parables
By Flip Benham
These are some thoughts from Flip. The “Walk Across America ” team has left California and is heading toward Las Vegas, NV. When you speak to them on the phone, you get a sense that they understand the importance of what God is saying through them. They know that this ‘hair-brained’ idea was not their own and they have been called out for such a time as this. – Kristene
On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decision Roe V Wade decriminalized the killing of children in their mother’s womb. By this action, we betrayed the Law of Almighty God and the Constitution of the United States. No longer was life sacred in America. No longer had all human beings been endowed with certain unalienable rights. Because we have shed innocent blood in the womb, we are reaping it in the streets of our cities.
We are in the throws of a cultural crisis in this nation. Marriage is being redefined by the courts of our land. Mayors in states all across America are now openly attempting to do the same. Divorce, abortion, homosexuality, false religions, ad nauseam, have left us morally and spiritually bankrupt. Blood is coursing down the corridors of our schools, workplaces, and streets. Murder has become the solution for everything. We are being terrorized by enemies from within and false religions from without. There is no solution in sight. We are under the remedial judgments of God Himself and are at a crossroads in this nation.
Behold the warnings, the signs, the judgments of God calling America back to Himself.
“The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness…’ Romans 1:18.
- Bill Clinton was not our problem. He was a sign and judgment from God. “Therefore the Lord was angry with His people…and their foes ruled over them.” Ps 106:40-41.
- Abortion is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…but Ephraim will bring out their children to the slayer.” Hos 9:13.
- Losing our kids to drugs, gangs, and murder is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “Even if they rear children, I will bereave them of every one…” Hos 9:12.
- Kids killing kids is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…bloodshed follows bloodshed. Because of this the land mourns…” Hos 4:2-3. "…Since you did not hate bloodshed, bloodshed will pursue you." Ezek 35:6.
- Homosexuality is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie…Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts…” Rom 1:25-26.
- Rampant crime is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…No one could go about his business safely because of his enemy, for I had turned every man against his neighbor.” Zech 8:10.
- Bad laws and statutes are not our problem. They are a sign and judgment from God. “…because they had not obeyed my laws…I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by…” Ezek 20:24-25.
- The fact that God’s people have become waffling compromisers or conservatives, unwilling to stand for Him, is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “The men of Ephraim, though armed with bows, turned back on the day of battle…” Ps 78:9.
- Becoming a society of “victims” and blaming others is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…The fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on edge.” Jer 31:29.
- The incredible number of lawsuits strangling our judicial system is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “They make many promises, take false oaths…therefore lawsuits spring up like poisonous weeds in a plowed field.” Hos 10:4.
- The foolish idea that “money can fix anything” is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…but money is the answer for everything.” Eccl 10:19.
- The fact that we do not have men of courage and principle is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “I will make boys their officials; mere children will govern them.” Isa 3:4.
- The fact that radical feminists are moving into positions of great power is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “Youths oppress My people, women rule over them…your guides lead you astray, they turn you from the path” Isa 3:12.
- The fact that our women are now placed in military combat units is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “Look at your troops – they are all women! The gates of your land are all open to the enemy…” Nahum 3:13.
- Gay Pride Days and the blatant homosexual agenda are not our problem. They are a sign and judgment from God. “The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom ; they do not hide it…” Isa 3:9.
- AIDS is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.” Rom 1:27 .
- The fact that the true prophet is not welcomed in today’s church is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac…snares await him on all his paths, and hostility in the house of his God.” Hos 9:7-8.
- The fact that many pastors preach only positive, “seeker friendly” messages is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. ‘Peace, peace,’ they say, when there is no peace.” Jer 6:14.
- The fact that God’s people in the American church demand only positive messages is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way…” Jer 5:31.
- The fact that “my rights, my body, my choice” has become the mantra of the day is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit.” Jdg 21:25.
- The fact that senseless violence is increasing in the streets is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “Violence has grown into a rod to punish wickedness…” Ezek 7:11.
- The fact that our former President was a confessed liar and adulterer yet had a high job-approval rating is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “…they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.” Rom 1:32 .
- The fact that our Congress did not deal justly concerning the impeachment of President Clinton is not our problem. It is a sign andjudgment from God. “Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent – the Lord detests them both.” Pr 17:15.
- The fact that abortion, homosexuality, gambling, and pornography are being praised is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment fromGod. “Those who forsake the law praise the wicked…” Pr 28:4.
- The fact that street violence, domestic violence, child abuse, infanticide, and euthanasia are on the rise is not our problem. Theyare a signand judgment from God. “In the streets the sword will make them childless. In their homes terror will reign. Young men and young women will perish, infants and gray haired men.” Dt 32:25.
- The fact that injustice reigns in our courts is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, He blindfolds its judges. If it is not He, then who is it?” Job 9:24 .
- The fact that the prophets are blowing the trumpet in America to fight the Gospel battle and no one shows up is not out problem. It is asign and judgment from God. "Though they blow the trumpet and get everything ready, no one will go into battle, for My wrath is upon the whole crowd.” Ezek 7:14.
- The fact that airplanes are smashing into buildings by terrorists is not our problem. It is a sign and judgment from God. “I will set My face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those that hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.” Lev 26:17.
- "The fact that God Himself has become our enemy is our problem. It is a sign and judgment from Him. “Yet they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit. So He turned and became their enemy and He Himself fought against them.” Isa 63:10.
When words fail, God speaks in living parables. Why? Because we simply don’t see what He is doing. His Word will either harden or soften our hearts. If we refuse to see His hand in His righteous judgments, our hearts will become hardened and we won’t understand. He desires us to understand His ways, but because we refuse, He is now working against us in America.
The disciples asked the correct question in Matthew 13:10-17, ‘“Why do you speak to them in parables?’ He answered and said to them…‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn so that I should heal them.’”
We have come to understand more and more as we “Walk Across America” what it is that God is saying through us – this “living parable.” Let us see with our eyes and hear with our ears and understand with our hearts, Church! God desires to bring mercy to us as a nation. We must perceive His voice and repent. He is going to great measures to call us unto Himself. Let us be like David when God brought Nathan to speak a parable to the King’s heart. David saw his guilt and repented before the Lord. There were consequences to be sure, but David found peace with the Lord Almighty. Let us not be those who cry out, ‘peace, peace, when there is no peace.’ Rather let us be found to be true peacemakers who shall be called sons of God as we wield the “Sword of the Spirit” and fight the battle that is raging in America.